Edmonds Waterfront Center Q & A
When will the Waterfront Center construction be complete?
We received our certificate of occupancy in mid-January and all furniture has moved in and installed. The building remains closed for visitors due to COVID-19. Tours are available by appointment. You may register online here for a tour.
Who will own the building?
The building is owned by the Edmonds Senior Center. The City of Edmonds owns the property (land). We have a 55-year ground lease with the City of Edmonds. In the partnership, the Edmonds Senior Center will offer programs focused on seniors Monday-Friday from 8:00am–4:00 pm. The City of Edmonds Department of Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services Department will offer programs Monday-Thursday from 4:00pm- 10:00pm. On Friday evenings and weekends, the Edmonds Waterfront Center will be used as a rental venue. All rental revenue will be used to support senior programs at the Edmonds Waterfront Center.
Will there be a formal grand opening?
Due to COVID-19, we hosted a virtual grand opening for the new building on April 22. You may view the video on our home page.
When will you officially move in?
All furniture has been moved in and installed. Staff have the option of continuing to work remotely from home or work from their new offices at the Edmonds Waterfront Center while following COVID-19 safety protocols.
When will you be open for programs?
Safety is our #1 priority. Opening for programs in the new building will be dependent on safety guidelines provided by the CDC, State of Washington, and Snohomish County Health Department. This is our tentative plan:
- Programs: we will continue to offer online programs until official guidelines allow onsite programming.
- Congregate Meal Senior Dining Program: In partnership with the Potlatch Bistro, and in an effort to curb food insecurity for seniors, we offer a subsidized lunch for those 60 and older. Those who can are asked to make a $5 contribution towards the cost of their meal. No senior is turned away for not being able to pay. For more information, please check out our Senior Dining Program page.
- Lunch service at The Potlatch Bistro open to the public: currently, inside dining is allowed at 50% of capacity in the bistro. Take-out is also available for those who wish to take their food to go. If you would like to dine-in the Bistro, we recommend that you make reservations by calling 425-298-7544 or visit their website https://www.potlatchbistro.com/. The bistro’s regular hours are Monday– Friday from 11:00am–2:00pm.
- Coffee Kiosk: Shore Pine Coffee & Gelato is available for take-out only via the outside walk up window. The coffee kiosk’s regular hours are from 8:00am-6:00pm daily, but may vary dependent on weather.
- Footcare: By appointment only. Please call 425-774-5555 to be placed on a waiting list.
- Private events: Currently booking events at 50% capacity. Contact Michelle Burke for more information.
What safety precautions have you taken due to COVID-19?
- Formal COVID Safety Plan for the Edmonds Waterfront Center
- Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR Facility Accreditation: the leading certification for COVID-19 safe facilities (such as Seatac Airport, Lumen (CenturyLink) Field and Lynnwood Convention Center)
- Monitoring maximum number of visitors in the building
- Requiring masks while in the building
- Temperatures taken upon entry to the building
- Social distancing required in the building
- Hand sanitation stations throughout the building
Is membership required?
Membership is not required to visit or participate in programs at the Edmonds Waterfront Center; however, there are many added benefits to being a member. There are no age restrictions, and we encourage families and students to join! Call for more info 425.774.5555
Member benefits include:
- Discounts on classes and events
- Monthly newsletter
- $1 drip coffee at the Coffee Kiosk
- 10% off all regular priced items at the Edmonds Senior Center Thrift Store
- $5 off Community Breakfast coupon
- Belonging to a dynamic group committed to building social connections and strengthening the community
How much does it cost join?
- $25/year for an individual membership
- $45/year for a couple/dual membership
- $60/year for a family (2 adults and up to 4 dependents under 18 and/or college students 23 and under)