Makes a Difference!
by clicking this LINK
THRIFT STORE HOURS
SENIOR CENTER PROGRAMS ARE AVAILABLE VIA ZOOM UNTIL WE REACH PHASE 4
ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF ARE WORKING REMOTELY AND WILL DO OUR BEST TO RETURN ANY INQUIRIES IN
A TIMELY MANNER.
As a community organization serving a vulnerable population, The Edmonds Senior Center makes the health and safety of its members and participants a priority. With the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID19), we are taking careful preventative measures. Here’s how you can help:
Become a NEW member or RENEW Your Membership ONLINE
Edmonds Waterfront Center Q & A - Updated 01/04/21
When will the Waterfront Center construction be complete?
According to the current schedule, we will get our certificate of occupancy the first part of January. We began moving in furniture and equipment on December 7. The building will remain closed for programs and visitors due to COVID-19.
Who will own the building?
The building is owned by the Edmonds Senior Center. The City of Edmonds owns the property (land). We have a 55-year ground lease with the City of Edmonds. In the partnership, the Edmonds Senior Center will offer programs focused on seniors Monday-Friday from 8:00am–4:00 pm. The City of Edmonds Department of Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services will offer programs Monday-Thursday from 4:00pm-10:00pm. On Friday evenings and weekends, the Edmonds Waterfront Center will be used as a rental venue. All rental revenue will be used to support senior programs at the Edmonds Waterfront Center.
Will there be a formal grand opening?
Due to COVID-19, we will be hosting a virtual grand opening for the new building sometime in early 2021. We will announce the date and details on our website and in the newspaper. Attendees will be able to join an online link, hear from Board members, staff, key stakeholders, and get a virtual tour of the new building.
When will you officially move in?
We began to move in furniture and equipment beginning the week of December 7. Following furniture installation and upon receiving our Certificate of Occupancy, staff will have the option of continuing to work remotely from home or work from their new offices at the Edmonds Waterfront Center while following COVID-19 safety protocols.
When will you be open for programs?
Safety is our #1 priority. Opening for programs in the new building will be dependent on safety guidelines provided by the CDC, State of Washington, and Snohomish County Health Department. This is our tentative plan:
• Programs: we will continue to offer online programs until official guidelines allow onsite programming.
• Congregate Meal Senior Dining Program: we will continue home delivered lunches to those who are currently registered for this program until further notice. This program is federally subsidized for those 60 and older, follows strict nutrition guidelines, and registration is required for participation. Please contact Health & Wellness Program Director Michelle Reitan at (425) 954-2523 or by Email for more information.
• Lunch service at The Potlatch Bistro open to the public: currently, inside dining is not allowed. We will follow restaurant guidelines at the bistro. Opening for take-out only will be available DATE TBA. Once fully open, the bistro’s regular hours will be Monday–Friday from 11:00am–2:00pm.
• Coffee Kiosk: Shore Pine Coffee & Gelato will will be available in January for take-out only, DATE TBA, using the pass-through window on the north side of the building. Once fully open, the coffee kiosk’s regular hours will be Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm.
• Footcare: Closed until further notice.
• Private events: Currently restricted to weddings and memorials with less than 30 attendees. Contact Michelle Burke for more information.
What safety precautions have you taken due to COVID-19?
• Formal COVID Safety Plan for the Edmonds Waterfront Center
• Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR Facility Accreditation: the leading certification for COVID-19 safe facilities (such as Seatac Airport, Lumen (CenturyLink) Field and Lynnwood Convention Center)
• Monitoring maximum number of visitors in the building
• Requiring masks while in the building
• Temperatures taken upon entry to the building
• Social distancing required in the building
• Hand sanitation stations throughout the building
Is membership required?
Membership is not required to visit or participate in programs at the Edmonds
Waterfront Center; however, there are many added benefits to being a member. There are no age restrictions, and we encourage families and students to join! Call for more info 425.774.5555
Member benefits include:
• Discounts on classes and events
• Monthly newsletter
• $1 drip coffee at the Coffee Kiosk
• 10% off all regular priced items at the Edmonds Senior Center Thrift Store
• $5 off Community Breakfast coupon
• Belonging to a dynamic group committed to building social connections and strengthening the community
How much does it cost join?
• $25/year for an individual membership
• $45/year for a couple/dual membership
• $60/year for a family (2 adults and up to 4 dependents under 18 and/or college students 23 and under)
A percentage of the proceeds from these sales will be donated to the Edmonds Waterfront Center project.
You will receive a percentage off of your purchase, and you may choose how much you would like to give back as a donation to the new building!
Our Seniors Need Your Help
The Edmonds Senior Center has embarked on a journey to replace our failing building. The new Waterfront Center will offer the same dynamic programs that our members love most as well as expanded intergenerational opportunities and City Parks classes and activities - all under one roof!
Become a Solar Champion!
Donate by clicking this LINK
You may also donate by mailing a check made payable to
EDMONDS SENIOR CENTER
PO Box 717
Edmonds, WA 98020
WHAT'S THE LATEST NEWS?
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO SEE VIDEOS FROM THE SITE OF THE EWC!
01/08/21 - Virtual Tour: Take a Peek Inside! Video
12/06/20 - Parking Lot Paving! Video
11/02/20 - Premenade Pour for Waterfront Walkway Video
10/02/20 - Take a Peek Inside the New Building in this Latest Update! Video
9/16/20 - Beachfront Work and Interiors are Coming Along Video
8/28/20 - Construction Keeps on Rolling Video
7/27/20 - Solar Panels arrive! Video
7/22/20 - Gypcrete Pour at EWC Video
05/04/20 - Construction restarts! Video
03/18/20 - Window and roof installation Video
02/24/20 - Seven months since demolition ~ We have come a long way! Video
01/14/20 - The crane arrives and the beams are being put in place! Video
12/20/19 - Programs continue to thrive! Video
12/12/19 - The steel columns are going up! Video
11/20/19 - The Waterfront Center foundation is in! Video