SENIOR CENTER PROGRAMS ARE AVAILABLE VIA ZOOM
UNTIL WE REACH PHASE 4
ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF ARE WORKING REMOTELY
AND WILL DO OUR BEST TO RETURN ANY INQUIRIES
IN A TIMELY MANNER.
Serving Medicare Clients of
Snohomish & East Skagit Counties
and Camano Island
For information call 425.290.1276
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, our advisors are working by phone or by Zoom. Many days and times are still available for individual consultations, but these will disappear quickly as we move further into Open Enrollment. Call now for an appointment: 425.290.1276
SHIBA-Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors
Insurance options for Medicare-eligible individuals
- Find affordable health insurance, prescription drugs, or health care for you and your family
- Learn about your rights and options
- Compare insurance plans and prices
- Understand government health programs
- Appeal a decision by your health plan
- Understand a bill from your doctor's office
SHIBA (Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors) is a free, confidential and impartial counseling resource sponsored by the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner. Volunteer advisors will help you understand your rights and options, and offer
up-to-date information so that you can make an informed decision concerning your health insurance needs.
SHIBA volunteers are highly trained to counsel Medicare-eligible residents of all ages regarding choices, options, and problems with private health insurance, affordable prescription drugs, and Medicare.
Become a SHIBA volunteer
Help your friends, neighbors and family learn more about health insurance and public programs! Many volunteer opportunities available! SHIBA volunteers receive 30 hours of basic health insurance training, monthly updates and ongoing supervision and support by a staff member of the Office of the Insurance Commissioner. Please contact SHIBA Volunteer Coordinator Sue Shearer at 425.954.2522 or the SHIBA Helpline at 425.290.1276 for information.
For Medicare and/or supplemental insurance plans
Edmonds Waterfront Center
220 Railroad Ave
PO Box 717
Edmonds, WA 98020
Monday through Thursday
Not Medicare eligible?
Contact Washington Healthplan Finder
Fraud Education Corner
Please click the link below to view this important video:
Tips on how to Stop Fraud During Open Enrollment
* Medicare will never call or visit. Medicare will only send information via postal mail service
* Guard your Medicare card and number like a credit card
* Don't give out your Medicare number except to your doctor or other providers
* Don't let someone push you into making a fast decision
* If you receive a call, especially from a number you do not recognize or anyone requesting personal information, hang up immediately
* Know your health care options. Get help from your family, the Medicare website or your local State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
* No health care plan is allowed to cold call you, meaning make an unsolicited call, in an attempt to sell you something